Note: This recipe is NOT gluten free.
- 275mls warm water
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 50 mls oil
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put the yeast, sugar and water into the bread pan. Rest for 10 minutes to allow the yeast to activate. It should rise up and be fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and put the pan into the machine. Set on the basic setting with a light crust and the largest size.
- Handmade Instructions:
- Put the yeast, sugar and water into a bowl. Rest for 10 minutes to allow the yeast to activate. It should rise up and be fluffy.
- Add the oil, flour and salt. Using two knives, start to mix. Once, it's mixed enough, get your hands in and mix it all together.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead for about 10 minutes (good arm exercise, switch between hands so you get even workout).
- Put the bread into a well oiled bowl and cover with greased cling wrap. Microwave on low (I use the 30% setting on my microwave) for 1 minute.
- Rest for 10 minutes. Repeat.
- Put the bread into a loaf tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown at 220 celsius.
- When cooked take the bread out of the oven and cover with a dish towel for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a cooling rack.
Resist the urge to eat it straight away.