These cookies are dangerous! They are so yummy that you will not be able to stop at just one.
- 160g soft butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten free flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, water and vanilla extract. Sift in the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Add the chocolate chips and mix really well with a wooden spoon.
- Roll into small balls (teaspoonfuls) and place on a parchment lined tray (approximately 20 per tray), leaving room to spread.
- Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 9 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes on the tray before transferring to a cooling rack.
Make the cookies quite small as they are very sweet and they do spread quite a bit.
You can freeze the balls and bake them later (add 2 minutes to the cooking time if baking from frozen). Lay them on a parchment lined tray and put them in the freezer. Once frozen transfer to a plastic bag.