This is so easy to make and extremely yummy. Great for brunch, lunch or dinner. If you want you can add some bacon but it's just as nice vegetarian.
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (less if using bacon)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 cup of well drained vegetables
- 1 cup grated cheese
Fry the onion and garlic in the butter or oil until it is tender. Cool. Add the eggs, salt and milk and beat with a fork. Add the flour, gum, baking powder and just combine (it will still be lumpy but don't worry about that). Add the potatoes, cheese and vegetables. Stir and pour into a well greased 20cm pan. Garnish with sliced tomato. Bake 20-30 minutes until lightly browned and set in the centre. Leave to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before slicing and serving with salad.
- If you add bacon reduce the salt to 1/2 teaspoon.
- If you are allergic to dairy, use a milk alternative (rice, soy, almond milk) and use sheep's cheese if you can take this.
- Very nice reheated the next day or served cold.
- If you're not gluten free you can still make it - just change the flour for plain wheat flour and omit the guar gum.