I got carried away making muffins this afternoon and these light fully muffins were the result. Hope you enjoy them.
- 2 cups Gluten Free Flour Mix (see recipe)
- 2 teaspoons Guar Gum
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 cup well drained Fruit Salad
- 2 Eggs
- 75 grams melted Butter
- 1 cup Soy or Rice Milk
- 1/2 cup cold Water
- Grated Zest of a Lemon
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- 25 grams butter
- Sift the flour, gum, baking powder, salt and sugar into a large bowl. Drain the fruit salad to remove as much liquid as possible (I put it in the sieve and leave it to drain for at least 10 minutes). Mix the fruit salad into the dry ingredients and toss with a fork until the fruit is well coated.
- Melt the first measure of butter, add the milk, eggs, water and lemon zest. Beat with a fork.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix enough to ensure all the flour is incorporated but don't over beat.
- Spoon into 12 prepared muffin pans.
- Melt the second measure of butter, add the sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Drizzle over the muffins.
- Bake at 220 degrees celsius for 15-20 minutes.