I have to thank my sister for this recipe. I found it written on scrap piece of paper in my recipe folder. It's a nice easy salad to make. It works really well with a green salad for a barbecue or on it's own.
- 2 cups cold cooked basmati rice*
- 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar (or whatever you type you have)
- 1/8 cup salad oil
- 1-2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 diced apple
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn
- Put the rice in a serving dish.
- Mix together the vinegar, oil, curry powder and sugar. Pour over the rice and mix well.
- Add the sultanas, apple and corn. Mix well. Refrigerate until needed.
This salad keeps well in the fridge for a couple of days.
*I cook my rice in the microwave. Put 1 cup of rice in a large bowl with 2 cups of warm tap water and a splash of oil. Cook on high for 12 minutes. Rest for a further 8 minutes. Cool before using in this recipe.